Kyle, Tiffany, Maddie, Cooter & Dixie

Monday, April 13, 2009

3 years together...


Time definitely flies by. Kyle and I had our first date 3 years ago April 13th, 2006. I remember exactly what we both were wearing and how nervous I was to meet him at the bar. I remember crossing over they busy street to the Gingerman to see him talking on his phone in the courtyard area. I figured...I will have one beer...and if it isn't going well, I can bolt. This was a night that turned into several drinks, then dinner, and then coffee. We played darts there with this couple from Europe who had moved to Houston not long before. They asked how long we had been together. We chuckled and said this was our first date. They thought that was so cute. They told us we would get married someday and name our children after them. We can't remember their names! :0 After pints of beer and darts, we crossed the street to Mi Luna for some tapas food. We had worked up an appetite for sure. Neither one of us wanted the night to end...we headed to Starbucks for coffee. It is funny because coming home that night, my next door Jimmy heard me coming up our apartment stairs. He poked his head out the door and saw me glowing..he also told me I reeked of coffee! :)

So, April 13, 2009...I come home from work to find out that at 2:30 pm there was a blazing fire going on behind our house. Right behind the dog kennel. It burned a very large area and came close to our fence. Our neighbors called 911. That afternoon we had firetrucks at our house and firefighters in our backyard going through our gate out back to put out the fire. My poor Cooter and Dixie had to have felt the heat from the fire and I know were scared. I can't even imagine how scared Princess Maddie was. I can say that the turkey mount and all blinds were in tact still. I thank God and my neighbors for watching over our home and our three precious dogs. We could have lost so much that is so dear to us so quickly. (picture above)



My sweet husband brought me home yellow tulips and dinner since I am still hobbling around. What could have been a drastic day ended up turning up. I love you baby! You are my socketwrench!