Kyle, Tiffany, Maddie, Cooter & Dixie

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Bye Bye Turkey

A sad, sad day for Kyle. Few may know, but we would see tiny moths in the "mount" room quite often. After much googling on the internet...I learned that moths like to eat feathers, horns and antlers. The moths were always around his turkey mount. We started seeing little eaten holes on its feathers and feathers dropping to the ground. Kyle even started putting moth balls on all his mounts. Anyways, as the big turkey watches me monogram every day, I had noticed a new pile of feathers on the floor. I told Kyle and he freaked. The moths had started in on the head. He pulls the head and it comes off. DISGUSTING! So, he continues to tell me he has to throw the mount away. Trust me, I wasn't sad in the least bit. I had to document this. Hooray! There is a GOD! Just kidding! I was sad to watch his face though. And, I even cheered in the doorway when the garbage men came. I can only imagine what our neighbors thought.
Bye Turkey!!!