What??? It was Labor Day weekend recently? Who would have known....as I was working on the house all weekend, only leaving once to eat dinner with Michelle's Mom Mimi and Wesley. Besides working on the house, Kyle and I were attached to the tv praying that Hurricane Gustav wouldn't destroy LA. We were so nervous for all our family and friends there. So far, so good...we hope that everyone's homes were okay. (Don't let Kyle fool you, he watched LSU football and went to the duck lease 3 times...he enjoyed his long weekend! :))
Okay, 25127 Bretonwood is officially haunted by the Sanchez's. Let me tell you that we just bought our 4th lighting fixture for the guest bathroom, yes, number 4. This one had to be special ordered and we won't have it for another 2-3 weeks. I give up. I think this house is haunted because nothing works out to our advantage here. Kyle removed the old light fixture to find that the idiots putting up the old one, well, put a huge hole in the wrong place. They covered the hole with the old light fixture thinking noone would ever find it. Guess what, TIFFANY lives here. She is here to fix all the tackiness and will find everything that was done wrong. So, after scouring Houston, we finally found a light fixture base longer than 28 inches. Let me tell you folks, they don't exist. You are destined to find it in a catalog then.
For everyone that has seen our master bedrooom, it is a massive dull white room with nothing in it but a mattress and a plant stand for a side table. I had college rooms that looked better than this. I decided that since I am waiting on the bathroom situation, I would paint the master. It took me 3 gallons, but the room looks Professional. I think I found my calling....extreme home makeover! :) Even Kyle can't believe how good the room looks. Now, we just need furniture and linens to make the room complete. My next project will be to paint the master bath. :0
After I finished painting the master, I got a wild hair to paint all the baseboards...I touched up all the paint spots on them from the Sanchez's. I can't get over how messy these people were, or learning how anal I really am. HA!
Next week we officially get our new tile and carpet. We are so excited. I pray it comes in because I painted in the master bedroom without a drop cloth! :0 The house is truly coming along and feeling so much like ours and cozier. I can't wait to post before and after pictures. Everyone is going to be shocked!
